This schedule may look a little different from what you've gotten used to in years past. A longer discussion of these changes can be found at this post, but here are the highlights:
- Publication schedule is now six issues a year, one every two months.
- All issues are now all-content.
- There's now two weeks between text deadline and publication.
We're hoping these big changes will be positive ones, and that you're already looking forward to seeing what's in store for this year:
Issue 77: Ordinary Magic
* issue date: Monday, February 25
* text deadline: Tuesday, February 12
* art deadline: Saturday, February 23
Urban witchcraft? Or just the power of love? Mundane meets fantastic for some spellbinding happily-ever-afters.
Issue 78: A Black Tie Affair
* issue date: Monday, April 29
* text deadline: Tuesday, April 16
* art deadline: Saturday, April 27
Dust off your tuxedo and fluff out your petticoats -- you don't want to be late for these balls.
Issue 79: When On High
* issue date: Monday, June 24
* text deadline: Tuesday, June 11
* art deadline: Saturday, June 22
Whether you like ancient gods and creation myths or prefer more contemporary positions of power, this issue invites a view from the tops of the world.
Issue 80: Nerds vs. Jocks, Goths vs. Preps
* issue date: Monday, August 26
* text deadline: Tuesday, August 13
* art deadline: Saturday, August 24
Opposites attract, repel, and then attract again in this issue of sometimes-curious alignments.
Issue 81: The Monster at the End of This Book
* issue date: Monday, October 28
* text deadline: Tuesday, October 15
* art deadline: Saturday, October 26
Turn the page and come face to face with your fears and fantasies in our (sometimes) tantalizingly terrifying October issue.
Issue 82: Theme Free
* issue date: Monday, December 23
* text deadline: Tuesday, December 10
* art deadline: Saturday, December 21
Finally, wrap up the year right with our annual theme-free big bang!
Interested in doing a cover for one of these? We're looking for full-color, finished pieces with homosuggestive, if not downright homoerotic, themes. Looking back at the covers of our previous issues, you can see that they run the gamut from sweet to sexy, from serious to silly, and everything in-between. While the editorial staff will gladly opine if asked, what you do is pretty much up to you!
If you're game, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and list your top three theme choices. We can't promise that everyone will get everything they want, but we'll do our best.
Preference will be given to individuals who a) have been active participants in SSBB, and b) have not done a cover the previous year.